Media India Group is a global platform founded in 2004, based in Europe and India, encompassing publishing, communication, consultation services and event management.
MIG publishes a total of six different magazines, focusing on promotion of tourism and business segments in India and abroad, especially European Union. The publications are in four different languages - French, Spanish, German and English; and are the only magazines on India with a reach spanning 45 countries in four continents.
We also publish special issues dedicated to specific sectors (tourism, cinema, business) to promote your organisation/activities.
Climate change refers to the broader changes that are happening to our planet such as rising sea levels, shrinking mountain glaciers, accelerating ice melt in Greenland, Antarctica and the Arctic, and shifts in flower/plant blooming times. These changes are due to the increasing level of atmospheric carbon dioxide over an extended period of time, which is caused by people burning fossil fuels and putting out heat-trapping gases into the air. Climate Change many times is interchanged with Global Warming, however, experts say both are slightly different.
About COP 21
France will be hosting and presiding the 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 21) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change from November 30 to December 11, 2015. COP 21 is seen as a crucial conference, as it needs to achieve a new international climate change agreement applicable to all countries, with the aim of keeping the rise in temperature under 2°C from pre-industrial times.
Conference of Parties (COP) is a cooperation of over 190 countries, the world's foremost body on environmental protection and stewardship. It meets every year to make decisions for combating climate change. Decisions can only be made unanimously by the all States Parties or by consensus. The main objective of the annual Conference of Parties (COP) is to review the Convention's implementation.
- Event Name:- - 21th Conference of Parties (COP)
- Event Date:- - November 30, 2015 to December 11, 2015
- Location:- - Paris, France
Time is running out for global climate deal and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has previously expressed concern on climate change. Enhancing the implementation of adaptation is a priority for India, given our high vulnerability to climate change and that it can pose a significant risk to economic and social development and poverty alleviation efforts.
Last month Prime Minister N. Modi re-constituted a high-level advisory group on climate change that had not met for over three years, raising hopes that he can develop a progressive plan for India that tackles the wide range of issues that India faces without ignoring the climate problem.
The main objective of participating in COP 21 is to highlighting various ongoing positive initiatives and activities of promote Indian government and Indian business in the field of climate change
- India's agenda for Climate Change
- A mechanism to make leapfrog technologies accessible and affordable for developing countries
- A mechanism to create innovative financing tools, instruments and products that will bridge financing gaps, mitigate risks and enable scale up
- An architecture for a market based approach to emissions reductions
- A framework for collaborations and partnerships between countries on technology research and development, transfer and cost effective deployment
- The means to enable transformational shifts to low carbon trajectories such as a massive transition to clean energy, clean coal, cleaner fuels.
- Tackle with issues of higher costs, e.g. carbon taxes and trading systems
- Protection of the environment and ensuring the welfare of the ecosystem
Media India Group with Embassy of India, Paris participates in all the major events and conferences in France.
- With Embassy of India Paris, we are coming up with two special issues of our magazines Biz@India (English magazine) and INDES (French Magazine) for COP 21 with a view to promote new segment of investment in Renewable Energy & Climate Action.
- With Press Club Paris we are organising a side event on November 29, 2015 on "Media Social Responsibility & Climate Change"
- With South Asia Climate Change Association we are organising another side event on December 7, 2015 on "South Asia & Climate Change"
The magazines will report on various aspects of Climate Change, water resources, and use of renewable energy, etc. and will showcase the best that India develops in this domain.
The total print run of the magazines will be around 55,000 copies for each issue and will be distributed at all the key sport during the COP 21 as well as at the various pavilion of the Indian Government and though all the distributional channel of Media India Group such as leading hotels, airport lounges, regular subscriber etc.
More than 30,000 people are expected to gather in Paris for COP21 summit from 190 Countries including their ministers, government officials, climate experts, business leaders, NGOs, media and communication experts. Hence, through our special issues for COP21 you will get a platform to reach out the industry experts and showcase your efforts and expertise.
MIG wants to take advantage of this unique event and invites you to become a part of these special issues of COP21.
Advertise with us:
COP 21 is the forum to showcase Indian efforts and expertise in Environment and Climate Change, from public and business sides, focusing on India's innovation and entrepreneurial power.
We want to take advantage of this unique event to publicize the Indian expertise on Climate Change, Renewable energy and Invite you to become the part of this special issue.